Friday, August 31, 2012

Mother's Day at the Atwoods 1928



May 14, 1928

I tried to get my seeds in the dirt all day Saturday, but I never did. I have so much to do I did not have time to fill the box with good new dirt....my dear little daughters both was cooking as hard as they could cook ...a big Mother;s Day dinner to bring down to my house…..

I hever in all my life saw so many good things to eat....we just had the table loaded down. We had fresh black eyed peas, snap beans, English peas, squash , beets, tomatoes, new potatoes, potato salad, lettuce, boiled ham, fruit salad, pies and cake. I though I never would quit eating.

It rained yesterday and last night and the ground is wet and I will have to wait for it to dry before I finish filling up the (flower) box and plant my seeds. Those black=eyed susans is not what I had reference to. But they look like they will be awfully pretty....perhaps the other package, of Lobelia, is really what I wanted. I had them in Bowie County, and I remember now ....they will bloom pretty quick after they start growing. I think the ones I had bloomed in three or four weeks but they did not last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment