Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mama reviews a serial from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

August 23rd, 1928

Mama Atwood only had a third grade education.  She made lots of spelling and grammar mistakes in her letters but it was her own way, and I feel like she should have this voice that is in her letter.  So, here is the original transcript of her letter:


Believe me I have sure been lonesome this week.  But I have kept pretty bussy  and when I was not so bussy I read something to keep from thinking.  There is a Serial by Warwick Deepening in the Star Telegram now.  Title The Three Generations.  So far I like it better than I did Sorrell and Son.  

It seems as though it will be something like Sorrell and Son only the bond of deep Love and respect will be between the Grandfather and Grandson, as much of it as I have read is worth reading.  Get it from the Liberry and read it, as I think you will like it.There is not even tolerance between the Grandfather and Son an Uncle abhorance but tolerance.  And the father is ashamed of the Grandfather and kept the son in ignorance.  But the Son knows and spends a lot of time with him.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment