Monday, September 3, 2012

Alma, Frank and Ruth at school 1924

Frank, Ruth, Alma with her child Cleve B 1928



Dear Mamie,

I got your letter today.  Also one from Alma.  She is practicing up on the typewriter, to get her a job.

Frank started to school this morning :”Wednesday” he is going to specialize on Typewriting, Shorthand and English & Math. I asked him to get them to let him do that, so he can get him an office job. He is so little that he never good make a living any other way.  And he likes to be clean & wear good clothes all the time, too.  

I don't know if I can manage to pay for the course & Ruth’s music too or not.  and keep him in the kind of clothes he wants to wear to school.

Ruth’s music costs me $7.00 per month this year.and Franks course I know will cost $2.00 per month, beside other incidental expences.

Ruth will take domestic science & of course that will be an other expence on me.  Dad will pay Part of Ruths science expenses though.  I may have to make Ruth drop her music but I am not if I can possibly help myself.

She gets a credit for music.  & she is tickled to death about it as she is trying to finish high school in 3 years.

She is a Soph. this year & Frank is still a freshman.  I nearly cry when I think about how my boys has done about high school .  Son is not anything but skin & bones.  and yet I can’t get him to quit work and go to school

No comments:

Post a Comment