Sunday, March 25, 2012

Patsy at age 15 months

Today is my dad Thurston's birthday!!!  He was born 98 years ago.

 I started walking on my first birthday.  I am pretty sure these snapshots were all made the same day when I was about 15 months old.  We lived in a little town in south Texas while Daddy sold washing machines and kitchen ranges.  We lived in a garage apartment.



                                                                                                       Daddy used to tell this story to me:

When we walked down the stairs from the apartment I would always hold on to Daddy's index finger for support.

One day I stopped and said, "Wait, Daddy. I can do this." And I took hold of my own finger with the other hand, and went down the steps by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment