Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Homer Don Smith

This Don Smith.

My family went to Eastland, Texas in 1947 where my dad had his first job as a high school band director. We lived there until 1952.

Don was my boyfriend in 5th and 6th grade and my friend for all time.  After we moved to Comanche in 1954, I wrote  letters to him, and in 1955 he drove from Eastland to Comanche to visit.

In this picture he is wearing his Eastland High School Band uniform.  He played snare drum in the marching band, and oboe in the concert band.  I believe he went to All-State Band playing oboe for at least two years.










In 1949 my family went to Fort Worth for the annual Fat Stock Show.
Don went with us.  He had his picture made on the back of a
horse. (Astuffed horse, of course.) Looks real, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment