Thursday, June 28, 2012

1970's soft art by Pat Reese


I made several round beds in the 1970's.  this one was a sofa/bed for Pablo Calderon for his apartment.   It was 6 feet in diameter and about 6 inches thick.  The cover was made with classic patchwork design and went on like a fitted sheet, so it was washable.  Pablo loved it and used it for a long time.


These little abstract dancers were all made in 4 parts tied together at the top with different little covered buttons for "hats"  I still have one or two of them somewhere.  The photo was made by my friend Jim Sanders who is also a fiber artist.  At that time he was head of the 5-state Ozark Foothills Craft Guild based in Mountain View, Arkansas.


A blue jean jacket embellished with lace, embroidery and applique.  One of several I made during this period.  When I find more photos I will post them.  My brother had a  denim shirt that he wore on stage in the San Francisco production of "Hair" which ran for a year.  Bill played trumpet in the band which was onstage during the entire  performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment