Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My tomboy days



Uncle Ed made this picture in the back yard of their house at the hatchery.  I didn't know I was sitting in a "half lotus" yoga pose until much later in life.

But I remember loving how flexible I was and how thin.  My teachers used to try to get me to eat...I was wiry and strong.... about 9 or 10 when this was made.  I loved hanging by my heels on the playground "monkey bars" which looked like a ladder turned sideways with posts to hold it up above the ground about 5 feet or so.

Also I was a champion "jacks" player.  We had tournaments at our birthday parties and at slumber parties.

Uncle Ed and Daddy and all the uncles used to keep their yards free of grassburrs so we kids could run around barefoot.  What a loving bunch they were!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment