Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Beatrice Pinales

Beatrice Pinales gave me this picture ini 1954 when she was 11 years old.  It was her school picture that year.

The Pinales family lived down the street from us on College Ave. in Comanche.  Their father worked as a bootmaker with Dan Trujillo in his custom boot shop.  Beatrice was the eldest of five children.

She was in a Brownie Scout troop that year. I was a Junior camp leader and taught the girls songs.  We had a lot of fun.

Eventually the Pinales family moved to Fort Worth and I went off to college.  Once in a while I would get a letter from Beatrice during the year before I married.

About ten or twelve years ago Beatrice sent a letter to me from San Antonio by way of Comanche. Some one in Comanche knew my Fort Worth address and forwarded it to me.  In it Beatrice told me she had fifteen children, and that her youngest daughter was named Patsy after me.

I tried to get in touch with Beatrice in San Antonio where the letter was from.  But I never found her.
If you are out there, Beatrice, let me hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment