Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Horsey Swing 1943

This picture with Bill on the horse swing is from 1943. It was Easter and he was about 7 months old. I am on the left and Mother on the right.  I was four and a half years old.

That swing was really something.  It was really my swing, given to me by Uncle "Watt" Frank Atwood, Daddy's middle brother who lived in Tyler.  He had made one for my cousin Frances Evelyn (his little girl) and decided to give me one just like it.

 The horse swing was made of wood lumber which had been sanded and painted.  It had four ropes with foot pedals as well as hand bars as you can see, so it could be pumped with hands and feet together to go quite high.




I don't remember this dog.  But I do remember at one time we had two dogs named "Butchface" and "Cookie"  and they would eat out of each others' bowls. 


1 comment:

  1. These are so much fun for me to see. If only my family had taken more photos. Darn! I was born in 1941, so we're of the same era. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete