Saturday, July 21, 2012

My year at Texas State College for Women 1956-57

The year I was a college student at Texas State College for Women was 1956-57.  I invited an Aggie from Comanche to be my date.  His name was Gayle McNutt.  I think the dance was in Denton but it might have been in Dallas.

A&M and TSCW were brother and sister schools because they were "land grant colleges".  The United States granted land to every state for a college for women and a college for men.  I was able to attend TSCW for a semester for $297.00. That included a dorm room and meals, books and tuition. I had a job at the alumni office which paid for my pocket money.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a land grant college, also. It was years before I looked that up to find out what it meant. It was co-ed, however.

    ReplyDelete